Tuesday, January 25, 2011

oh hej, tiny goblet? (January 21, 2011)

Soo, last night was my first night out in the city! After our Danish class, Sam and I hopped on the train to her house. It was awesome to meet and hang out with her host family who is incredibly sweet and fun. They are younger than my host parents so it was an interesting change. Sam made delicious veggie sandwiches for dinner and after a few glasses of wine with her parents we set out to meet another Smithie for drinks!

We had a few (cheap) beers at Floss (the tattoo and graffiti bar) and chatted and were soon joined by two girls Sam had met in her program. Then we all headed off to the DIS party at the Diskotek In which is a pretty American club and was paaacked with DIS students, but there was free beer so it was okay. We didn't stay there for very long after running into some guys I knew and we took off to bar hop throughout the rest of the area. It was all very fun, apparently I ended up stealing a shot glass that looks like a tiny, tiny goblet from some place where we did tequila shots and now it is sitting nicely on my bookshelf.

Then Sam and I headed back to my house where Lisbeth and Steen were still awake -ha- and we had a snack of warm rolls and water before heading up to bed!

It was definitely a fun and successful first night out. The city is awesome at night, so many young beautiful people walking around and filling the bars. Today, however, I'm doing a lot of reading for class which isn't as fun... but is actually alright because it's all very interesting reading. Thankfully. I do also want a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment