Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hvad hedder du? (January 20, 2011)

...Jeg hedder Gillian!

Today was the first day of classes, and due to my charming schedule, I have all four of my classes every Monday and Thursday. So, from 8:30 until 4:10 I am doing some learning. However, I am extremely excited for all of my classes, so it's okay. So far. There was also SUN today! First time I've seen it since I've been here.

My first class of the day is Current Trends in Media, the core course for my program. It seems like it is going to be very cool, very "real life" oriented, so maybe I'll actually gain a sense of what I want to do with my life?? This is also the class that I will do my study tours with.

My second class is Virtual Worlds and Social Media. This class is awesome. So far it seems as though we are doing a cultural analysis of the impact of Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and other social networks. Blogging is also a key part to the class, so, I suppose Babes and Berries will be getting some work done!

Then I had a lunch break. Got myself some folded pizza (maybe there's a more technical Danish term for this?) and walked through the city.

After lunch, I ran into Sam and we went to our intensive Danish Language and Culture class. This ones going to be hard. I accidentally called Sam a boy in our class, but she didn't kill me. So it's okay.

Even though I was exhausted by the time my last class came around, I was immediately excited again. International Advertising in a European Context scared me at first, because a lot of the other students taking it are marketing majors or have interned doing advertising stuff, but we did a mini quiz and THANKS SMITH I actually knew a lot more than I thought I did! The woman who is teaching is seems amazing and I am so excited about the class. I'm hoping this class combined with my core class will give me a goal for the future by the end of the semester.

So that was my day! Currently my hair is a little sticky because my host brother decided to put an adhesive CD case on top of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment