Thursday, January 27, 2011

Freetown

Yesterday I went with a few friends to Freetown Christiania... how to describe this place... well, it began with a bunch of squatters in the early 70s and now is a self proclaimed autonomous neighborhood. Basically one second you are in the city and the next...


Its kind of like a village. There are little shops and stands everywhere. There are a lot of great bakeries and organic vegetarian restaurants. Basically, the place is known for its bikes and its weed- which people sell and smoke openly free of the control of the police.

I don't really know how to describe what it is like to walk down the streets of Christiania. Kind of like, an abandoned creepy fun park? An old abandoned western village taken over by 1970s hippies? I have no idea. It was a cool thing to see though. I know some of my friends who would thoroughly enjoy the place...

1 comment:

  1. WOAAAA!!! I wanna goooooo.

    P.s. Copenhawesome? I love you.

    ReplyDelete