Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sorry for the hiatus! I'm back!

Highlights of the past week:

  • Rosenborg Castle! Visited with my Danish class. I still want to live in a castle. Although, visiting this one wasn't quite as enjoyable because you weren't able to touch and sit on everything. But, there were crown jewels.
  • Making Danish pancakes. Thursday night we had guests over because my host parents left last night for a week and so their friends who are our neighbors came over so I could meet them. My host dad started making pancakes (basically, Danish pancakes are like crepes but you roll them instead of folding them) and then after making the first one, stopped, and told me to make the rest. So I did. And they were good! We put ice cream, nutella, jam, and whipped cream inside of them. Delicious.
  • Drinking wine in McDonalds. Classiest way to start a Friday evening.
  • Dancing with a ridiculously tall Danish man. Hilarious. We danced for probably half an hour at the Happy Pig bar. Just twirling around and goofy style rocking out.
  • Jailhouse bar: A famous jailhouse themed gay bar. Went in to check it out- actually was a pretty cool, non terrifyingly leather, place. I liked the lighting and atmosphere. Although, of course, being surrounded by gay men of all ages is amusing but not necessarily my number 1 choice of company. Had a nice chat with an older man about gay culture in Copenhagen and America though, so obviously I loved that.
  • and last but not least, Bobby's hot pants

No comments:

Post a Comment