Monday, March 14, 2011

London!!! Monday


I'm going to do a post for each day I was in London, so, there will be a lot but I think this is the easiest way to organize and reflect on the trip!

Monday, woke up at the crack of dawn and hopped on the train to head to the airport. The flight was short and as soon as we stepped off the plane in England we were all AMAZED at how sunny and beautiful and warm it was! The bus ride into London was soooo beautiful. Green grass everywhere. A nice break from my charming but freezing, wet, and gray Copenhagen.

Our activity for the first day was a bike tour through the city. I must admit, I had no idea London is as beautiful as it is. We rode through endless green parks, already filled with flowers, over bridges and through the historic city. We saw some of the major sites like Big Ben, Parliament, and Kensington Palace. It was an amazing afternoon. I haven't rode a bike in years and there were some struggles starting and stopping in the middle of busy London streets, but we all survived. I loved it.

For dinner, we had a huge Indian meal, and then headed back to the hotel where I crashed pretty early.

1 comment:

  1. I am being overcome with jealousy. I will probably use the world jealous in every comment of every London post. Be prepared.

    ReplyDelete