Wednesday, March 16, 2011

London: Friday

Friday was an AMAZING day. It began with a trip in a small group to a company called 3 Fish in a Tree that does really any sort of advertising work in any sort of medium for any sort of company. The company consists of a bunch of graphic designers and they take on all sorts of projects and their boss just has this amazing work ideology about conserving creative integrity and letting people have fun and explore their potential. Ah! Sign me up. Other than the fact that I am not a graphic designer...

Our next stop was to the Daily Telegraph- how cool is that? Where we heard from the guy that basically does brand integrity work and decides what advertisements go into their publications and which ones don't. I would literally love this job. He has to do with the legal sides, which ads are legally appropriate, but also he gets to analyze ads to decide which ones fit in to their brand identity. HOW MUCH WOULD I LOVE THAT. So much.

After that visit, I separated from the group and met up with a friend for an awesome day of sight seeing. Our first stop: Borough Market. Pretty sure this is basically the most famous gourmet food market in the world or something. Loved it. She made me try a melted cheese sandwich, aka a grilled cheese, but it was amazing. Then we headed to Monument tower and climbed all 311 stairs up to the top for a beautiful view of the city. After climbing back down, we headed over to Tower Bridge and went into the towers and saw the exhibitions.

In the evening, she took me out to dinner. I was informed that we would be going somewhere "nice"... but where we went just blew my mind. If you look at the London skyline was the other side of Waterloo bridge, you'll see the OXO tower. We had dinner in the restaurant at the top of that building.
That's the view from the restaurant's balcony.

After dinner, we walked through Covent Garden and headed to Candy Bar. The only (?) Lesbian bar in London. Yup. Three stories of pure awesome. Ha. It was a lot of fun. Definitely gives Vela in Copenhagen a run for its money! I should probably write up a review of these two lesbian bars on babesandberries. I'll get on that.

Anyway, Friday was awesome and a great last full day in London. I still can't believe how much I saw and how much ground I covered in London in just six days.

1 comment:

  1. Heard about this first hand, told you that I'm jealous. "Just happened to be in London" I think you may have said. WHAT-EVER! So cool. Great view.

    ReplyDelete